Saturday, December 7, 2013

Gracie and the Butterfly

So, this is a small tender mercy, but one of those that I may not have recognized in the past. Grace has always loved butterflies and at various times has attempted to catch them, without success. When she was getting her baptism pictures down at the church, next to the new temple, there was a beautiful orange butterfly. The butterfly climbed right onto her finger and stayed for a few minutes while Jesse took some pictures. To me, this is a microcosm of how our Heavenly Father treats all of us. He asks us to do what is right and when we are obedient he grants us the righteous desires of our hearts. I have a testimony of this promise from our loving Heavenly Father.

Grace didn't have to run, chase, or try to capture the butterfly. As she had prepared and was ready and willing to follow the steps of the Savior the butterfly came to her. Our Heavenly Father does the same for us. I love this tender mercy and it makes my heart happy and warm each time I remember it!

- Cori

1 comment:

  1. I think those lovely photos of Grace, in her beautiful white dress with the butterfly on the scriptures and her holding the butterfly will always come to mind now when I see a butterfly . . . just so remarkable! He lives and He loves us!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.