My earliest recollection of the beginnings of my own personal testimony goes back to when I must have been 6 or 7 years old. This is when my faith was just beginning to grow, and having been born of goodly parents I had been taught the truth and now had an opportunity to put it to the test.
I had lost my wallet, and the only two dollars I owned, and searched in vain for what seemed like a very long time. I remember feeling discouraged and distressed, but I had been taught that Heavenly Father would answer my prayers if I prayed in faith, so I knelt down and asked for help to find my wallet. A distinct picture came into my mind as I prayed and I knew where my wallet was (in the living room under the couch). I closed my prayer and got up and found my wallet.
It was a simple answer to a simple prayer. But it meant alot to me. I know Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers. Not always immediately like he did in this moment, but according to his plan for us. This was a chance for me to try my faith and for a loving Father to talk to one of His sons who was asking sincerely for help. I am thankful for that revelation that helped my tiny seed of faith continue to grow!
- Cori
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.