Monday, January 6, 2014

Blessings from Tithing

I had planned to go shopping after Christmas and buy some new LED Christmas lights when they were on sale.  I forgot and by the time I made it to WalMart they were all sold out. While shopping in the grocery store last week I found some- 75% off.  I was happy to find some and at such a good price.   As the cashier rang them up at $2.50 a box, she questioned the price thinking they were ringing up cheaper than they should.  So she asked the manager who said the price was correct but she should just give them to me for $1 each.  What a deal!

This type of thing happens to me fairly often.  I know that it is not just coincidence or luck.  I know that it is a tender mercy of the Lord and blessing for paying our tithing. I think we often receive blessings for paying our tithing in ways that we often don't think of, like finding the things that we need for cheaper, or making things that we have last longer or not break as often etc. I am  thankful for the blessing we receive for paying our tithing and know that we receive far more and benefit more from the blessing than if we kept the 10%.

Brittany

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful reminder of the power and blessings that come from living the law of tithing. That story reminds me of what Elder Bednar said in October conference, "as we live the law of tithing, we often receive significant but subtle blessings that are not always what we expect and easily can be overlooked. The family had not received any sudden or obvious additions to the household income. Instead, a loving Heavenly Father had bestowed simple blessings in seemingly ordinary ways."

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.